The NYSLTA Education Committee offered six webinars in 2021 with more than 250 attendees and awarded six CLE credits and nine CE credits.
- When Tax, Trusts & Title Collide
- Avoidable Title Claims
- Life of a Mortgage Loan – A Playbook
- Real Estate Fraud: A Growing Problem
- Inclusive Language & Diversity
As you know, after every webinar, we ask attendees to complete an evaluation/survey and collect recommended topics for future webinars/seminars.
We received the following suggestions:
- Real Estate Fraud
- Clearance Issues
- Mezzanine Debt Tax; Pied-A-Terre Tax Bill
- Tax Sales and Tax Lien Foreclosures
- Powers of Appointment
- Short Sales and the Pitfalls of short sales
- Foreclosure and Bankruptcy
- New Power of Attorney Law
- Not for Profit and Religious Corporations
- Industrial Development Agency transactions, Affordable Housing transactions, New York City Development Rights transactions
- An extension of “Avoidable Title Claims”
- Recording process and the ins and outs of the document submission
- Estates and Trusts
If you have any other suggestions for future topics, please let us know. Email the education committee mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Education Committee works hard throughout the year with support from NYSLTA staff, Regina and Bob. We would also like to thank our 2021 Education Program Sponsors TrackerPro, AmTrust Title Insurance Company, DataTrace, The Security Title Guarantee Corporation of Baltimore, Westcor and WFG National Title Insurance Company (LINK TO SPONSOR AND EDUCATION PAGE HERE).
Most of all we would not be able to do any of this without our outstanding presenters. We are so thankful to those that volunteered this year. Thank you for the generosity of your time and knowledge.
- Antonio Vozza, Esq. – First American Title Insurance Company
- Amy E. Abbandondelo, Esq. – Sherwood & Truitt, LLC
- Matthew Reass, NTP – Rynoh Live
- Linda Aparo, NTP – reQuire Real Estate Solutions, LLC
- Matthew E. Rappaport, Esq., LL.M – Falcon Rappaport & Berkman PLLC
- Kenneth Falcon, Esq. – Falcon Rappaport & Berkman PLLC
- Teresa Smith – Teresa Palacios Smith, AHWD, CIPS – HomeServices of America
- Lisa Zeppieri, Esq – WFG National Title Insurance Company
If you would like to join the group of esteemed presenters, please reach out. We would be happy to have you.
We are looking forward to bringing you an engaging and relevant CLE and CE Courses curriculum in 2022.
COMMITTEE UPDATE BY
Thoroughbred Title Services, LLC